CLEANROOM – iNANO
WPA/APV for 4-inch sputter system
Document Responsible: Bjarke Rolighed Jeppesen
Date: 15 June 2021
- The purpose of this APV instruction is to ensure that users, in the iNANO cleanroom, are aware of the potential dangers that exist when working with the 4-inch sputter system. Users should be aware of the potential hazards listed below. The aim of this APV instruction is also to prevent personal injury to maintenance personnel.
- The Instrument/Instrumentet
- Tree 4-inch guns are used for sputtering of different solids. RF (13.56MHz) power supply for up to 300 W with automatic RF matching network.
- Hazardous Conditions/Risiko
- This is a manually operated system so proper introduction is essential. Contact the superuser for introduction.
- Protective Clothing/Beskyttelsesdragt
- Gloves must be worn during load and unload of samples.
- Gases used at the sputter equipment:
- Toxic: non
- Non-toxic: N2, O2, Ar
- After several runs check the sputter sources and remove flakes in the chamber.
- Additional Safety Notes/Ekstra sikkerhed
- Do not open the main chamber until it has cooled down.
- Electrical Safety/ Elsikkerhed
- Potentially lethal voltages are present on the equipment. To prevent personal injury, ensure the system, circuit or component is isolated from its source of supply prior to undertaking any maintenance or repair of the equipment. Do not rely on control system interlocks or display messages as an indication that it is safe to work on potentially hazardous items.
It is recommended to work in pairs when undertaking work on live systems.